Covid-19 lockdown extended : On Tuesday PM Narendra Modi briefed the country on the final day of the lockdown of coronavirus. The Prime Minister, in his speech, said the national lockout of Covid-19 would be prolonged until May 3. MAnd here’s a view at the outlines of the speech delivered by PM Narendra Modi —
- Given all the recommendations, the Covid-19 shutdown has been agreed to be prolonged until May 3. We have got to be disciplines like we’ve been so far during this period.
- All districts, localities, states will be closely monitored until April 20, as to how strictly they are implementing norms. States that do not enable hotspots to grow can require some critical operations to restart, but under some conditions.
- By 20 April, some states or regions that do not require hotspots to increase or where there is fewer likelihood of hotposts to increase will see some essential services being restored.
- On the public services program, too, we are working at great speed. The country only had one laboratory in January to test for Coronavirus. More than 220 labs are operating on this front today.
- The government ‘s coming out with comprehensive shutdown instructions on Wednesday.
- I assume you encountered many difficulties. Some encountered nutritional problems. Some also encountered commuting issues. Although others lived away from their homes and relatives.
- I know all of you have been through this kind of trouble in this time. But I know, you have all performed like a dedicated soldier for the government. I give my respects to you all.
- Thanks to your diligence, India was able to prevent the spread and ill-effects of Coronavirus. You’ve all sacrificed to save the country.
- The new year has started in a variety of states around the world. The way participants experience the shutdown is encouraging and praiseworthy. On this New Year I wish you and your family good health.
- And with no single corona patient in India, India had begun screening passengers from the countries impacted by Covid-19.
- Had India not adopted a systemic, comprehensive strategy, had it not made a fast step, then the scenario in India would have been different. Observations and tests from the last few days, though, have shown that the direction we took was correct.
- We have paid for it economic costs too. But compared with the cost of Indians’ lives, this is nothing.
- Those who gain every day and fulfill their needs are likewise my kin. Reducing their issues is among my preferences;
The Prime Minister had said Covid-19 lockdown extended during the meeting that there seems to be consensus among the states on extending the lockdown by another two weeks. He stressed the government’s motto earlier was ‘jaan hai to jahaan hai’ but now it’s ‘jaan bhi jahaan bhi.’
Nevertheless, some states including Odisha, Maharashtra, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, and others, have already declared the extension of the lockout taking into account the growing number of cases in their respective states.
For New Corona Virus alerts click here