Train seat reservation opens at IRCTC today : Indian Railways will slowly restore its services, and 15 trains will operate from May 12 on different routes. Train ticket The IRCTC bookings will commence today from 4 pm. Here’s what you need to say :
Train Ticket Highlights
- Rail services will restart in a few routes from tomorrow
- IRCTC bookings commence Monday at 4 pm
- 15 Rajdhani trains are to start again on different routes
As the shutdown continues towards the end of the third month, Indian Railways has announced that it will resume services progressively across routes from May 12. Bookings train tickets will be available on the IRCTC website today at 4 pm.
The Indian Railways announced on Sunday that train services, which have been stopped since PM Modi declared the country’s complete shutdown, would slowly resume, with Train fares beginning in the first phase with 15 special trains. Train seat reservation opens at IRCTC today
Here’s what you need to know about a resumption of train services:
1. Train services will resume for now on 15 routes to Rajdhani. The trains will be completely air-conditioned, operating at maximum speed as opposed to the Shramik Special trains running with reduced power.
2. Reservations for these special trains will start from 4 pm on May 11, and will be available on the IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in).
3. Train tickets can only be booked from Monday via the website or on the mobile app. Ticket booking through ‘agents’ will not be permitted.
4. For now there will be no provision of Tatkal and Premium Tatkal bookings. Ticket fare for the Rajdhani trains will be as the super-fast train rate will be. No concession is likely to be provided at fare.
5. There will be no tickets given from counters including tickets to the platform. Also passengers with verified tickets to the train will be allowed into the stations.
6. Passengers boarding these special trains in the coronavirus lockdown will have to arrive at the stations for check-in and other procedures at least 1 hour before departure.
7. The special Rajdhani trains will run from New Delhi to Dibrugarh, Agartala, Howrah, Thiruvananthapuram, Patna, Bilaspur, Ranchi, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai Central, Secunderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Madgaon, Ahmedabad and Jammu Tawi.
For latest updates on corona virus click here
8. Tickets for the train will have detailed instructions for passengers boarding the trains. Travelers will be required to wear face covers and to undergo screening prior to departure. Passengers that do not show signs of coronavirus are allowed to board the trains.
9. Passengers who travel in these air-conditioned trains may not receive blankets and linen to reduce the chances of coronavirus spread. They may need to carry their own blankets for the journey.
10. Inside the coaches there will be special air-conditioning standards, and temperatures will be kept slightly higher than the usual and maximum fresh air supply will be ensured.
In due course further details, including train schedule, will be issued separately, the Railways statement said.
For latest updates of corona virus check TapaTap Review